Sunday, October 21, 2007

Plastic Bag Makeover

I'm bored and penniless today, and wanted to find a craft project. What better to cheaply fill my time than a recycled plastic bag project from Craftster? You take the bags and iron them together to make a more permanent grocery solution.



Here is a plastic bag fusing tutorial that says you can use office paper instead of parchment paper. This is very exciting!

Here is my attempt, made from a Forever 21 bag, San Francisco Chronicle sleeves, and a picture from the cover of Harper's:


Things I learned:

1. It is good to have parchment paper. You have to be careful when you use separate sheets of paper.
2. It is good to have interesting plastic bags.
3. It is good to have a sewing machine.
4. Plastic bags totally do fuse together! Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. That's so great! I'm very impressed! I sort of tried to do this once but got frustrated and gave up and bought one from Smith's instead. heh

    ReplyDelete